The VPai Android App provides a user-friendly interface to easily capture, edit and share immersive 360° moments with your VPai compatible camera.
Mobile devices must meet these basic requirements to work with the VPai App.
- Your phone supports USB OTG (VPai Clip and Slide models)
- Your phone is running Android version 5.0 or later
- Your 360° camera is from an official VPai 360 platform provider
Android Compatible VPai 360 Platforms
*Note: VPai Stand and Slide platform cameras can support Micro SD cards with a maximum storage of 128GB. For Micro SD cards larger than 32GB, they must be formatted with an NFTS file system first.
VPai 360 Platform File Storage
USB connection: Image and video files will be saved directly to your mobile device regardless if a Micro SD card is inserted in your camera.
Wi-Fi connection with Micro SD card: Images and videos will be stored to the Micro SD card inserted in your camera.
Wi-Fi connection with no Micro SD card: Images and videos will be stored directly to your mobile device.
Connecting Your VPai Compatible 360° Camera
Install the VPai APP on your mobile device and connect your 360° camera through the appropriate USB Adapter (the arrow on the Adapter indicates which end to insert into the camera), then wait for the VPai notification window to appear.
Tap “OK”, then the system will automatically enter the VPai application. If you select “Use by default for this USB device”, the window will not appear when you connect your 360° camera in future instances, it will directly enter the VPai app.
1. Turn on the camera by holding down the power button for a few seconds until the light turns on. Install and open the VPai App on your phone and slide the welcome screen to the left to bring up the Wi-Fi camera connect screen. Press the “Connect” button and select “720vpai-xxx” from the list of available Wi-Fi connections. The default password is: 12345678. After the connection is made the VPai App will enter the preview mode.
2. To be able to share content to the web or perform a live stream, you will need to re-connect your device to your 3G/4G or local Wi-Fi connection. From the camera settings screen, select “Camera Internet” then select the desired Wi-Fi hotspot and input the password to connect. During connecting to internet, the VPai App may disconnect from the camera momentarily then reconnect.
VPai App Menu
The “Space” menu is our VPai sharing platform which displays photos and videos uploaded to our VPai 360 Cloud by anyone in our VPai community.
The “VPai” menu is the default view after connecting a camera. It provides a preview interface and displays the various camera modes available.
The “Gallery” menu allows you to view all captured media stored on your local device or uploaded to your account in the VPai 360 Cloud.
The “Me” section includes account login, Live Stream Manager, current VPai App and 360° camera information, as well as an FAQ.
1. Timer: Tap this button to turn off or select either a 5 sec. or 10 sec. shutter delay. To cancel the shutter delay, tap on the capture/record button during the countdown period.
2. Change View: Tapping on the screen will bring up options to change the preview mode between Panoramic, Crystalball, or Asteroid on the left hand side. Double tapping the screen will automatically rotate the preview between these views.
3. Camera Mode: The VPai App provides 4 camera modes to capture 360° content, including Time-lapse, Video, Photo, and Live Stream.
4. Settings: Tap the Settings button in order to change the default video resolution from 2048 x 1024 to 1920 x 960. You can also find the Camera’s Module type, Serial number, and Firmware version here. For Wi-Fi 360° cameras, additional network information is included.
5. 360° Rotation: There are two options which can be enabled/disabled to interact with 360° content on your mobile device. “Touch” allows you use your fingers to pan images while “Motion” enables you to pan the image by rotating your phone.
6. Filters: The VPai App includes 12 filters which can be used to preview or edit captured media, stored in the Gallery, by tapping the filter icon and selecting the desired effect.
Available Filters Include:
- X-Pro II
The VPai App includes 4 modes to capture 360° content including Time-Lapse, Video, Photo, and Live Streaming.
Time-Lapse: The Time-lapse function records a frame every 1.2 seconds, meaning every 30 seconds of recording will provide 1 second of video playback.
Video: The Video feature allows you to record 360° video in resolutions of 1920×960 or 2048×1024. You can change the default recording resolution in the settings section of the VPai App.
Photo: The Photo function does just that, allowing you to capture fully immersive 360° images to share with your friends.
Live: The VPai App supports live-streaming to Facebook, Weibo, YouTube and RTMP. Account settings for each Live Streaming platform can be managed in the “Me” section of the VPai under “Live Stream Manager”. To start a Live Stream from the VPai App, tap the “Live” button form the available camera modes and select the desired Social Media platform icon to begin. For further information regarding each platform, see the sections below.
*Note: Sina Weibo live stream requires real-name authentication.
Before starting a YouTube Live Stream, make sure you have enabled Live permission on YouTube, which can be activated here: youtube.com/features. From here, set the live-streaming permission to “Enable”.
Starting a YouTube Live Stream
If you have not previously logged in with your Google account information in the “Me” section of the VPai App, you will be prompted to do so. Tap “Not logged In”, and enter your Google account information.
In order to share 360° images and videos from the VPai App your mobile device must be connected to the Internet through either a 3G/4G or local Wi-Fi connection. Images and videos can be directly shared to social media platforms which have native support for 360° content, such as Facebook and YouTube, from the Gallery section of the VPai App. The Share function supports the ability to select multiple pictures or a single video at a time to be uploaded to other platforms.
Next, tap the Share button in the lower left corner of the interface to select where to share the selected content. Enter a title and caption, then select “OK” to publish your post.
Source photo or video files can be shared directly from the Local Gallery by selecting “Others” from the “Share to” interface. This will bring up the list of available platforms on your device.
After the content has been successfully uploaded, you will be presented with a list of available platforms to share to. Select the desired one, enter a title and caption, and a link displaying the content in the VPai 360 player will be published.
Content which has been uploaded to the VPai 360 cloud can be shared at any time by entering the “VPai Cloud” gallery, selecting the desired images or video, then pressing the share button to bring up the list of available platforms.
*Facebook: In order to ensure 360° images are displayed in full resolution, be sure to enable “Upload Photos/Videos in HD” in the Facebook App settings.
Share from Micro SD Card Storage
After the selected files have completed downloading, they will appear in the VPai Gallery section of the VPai App and can be shared to social media platforms by following the directions described above.
In order to share crystalball or asteroid view images directly on social media platforms which do not support 360° content, you can take screenshots within the VPai App. In the gallery section, select the image you would like to save in one of the different views. Change the view, adjust the angle and apply a filter if desired before tapping the three dot menu in the top-right corner. Tap “Screenshot” and the image will be saved directly to your mobile device’s gallery. You can then share the image as you would with any picture on your device.